It’s hard to believe another year is coming to a close. The holidays are a special time for us at
H. D. Smith as we reflect on the past year and take time to give thanks to all who have helped make it a success.
We want to particularly thank you for your loyalty, trust in H. D. Smith, and commitment to improving the healthcare supply chain with us.
Throughout the last year, we remained focused on providing value to you.
- We created Arete Pharmacy Network to further our commitment to independent retail pharmacies. Arete helps pharmacies save time and grow their margins through increased access to networks and higher quality performance ratings. By joining forces with AAP’s United Drugs, our member pharmacies are part of a larger pool of pharmacies, with more tools to help the community pharmacist thrive in local markets.
- We expanded the capabilities of Smith Medical Partners, our specialty distribution and 3PL operations, through a larger facility. Smith Medical Partners continues to deliver necessary medications to pharmacies in all 50 states.
- We were honored to once again be part of InformationWeek’s Elite 100 of technology innovators for continually helping our pharmacy customers be more successful—specifically through our in-house mobile app, created for sales representatives and account managers.
- VentureRx was created to fully support the start-up, purchase, sale, and related transition strategies of independent and regional chain pharmacies. Dedicated to both the people and processes involved in starting, buying and selling, VentureRx empowers pharmacy owners to shape the future of their business.
This year was extra special for my brother Dale, as he continues to advocate for community pharmacies throughout the industry. He was honored with the 2016 Nexus Award for Lifetime Achievement by the HDA Research Foundation, the charitable research arm of the Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA, formerly the Healthcare Distribution Management Association). This award is the pharmaceutical distribution industry’s highest individual honor. The Nexus Award recognizes exceptional character, professional accomplishments, and leadership in HDA, the industry and community. Dale joins our father, Henry Dale Smith Sr., as the only father/son recipients of this prestigious industry award. Dale was also named Vice Chairman of the HDA Board of Directors.
All of us at H. D. Smith extend our sincerest appreciation for your business, and we look forward to continuing our partnership in 2017. We hope you have plans to celebrate the season and enjoy time with your families and friends.
Wishing you happy holidays and a prosperous new year,
Dale Smith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, H. D. Smith Holding Company
Chris Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, H. D. Smith
- Pricing files confirmed
- Install hardware/software
- Train pharmacy staff (ongoing)
- Receive Welcome to H. D. Smith informational packet
- Confirm delivery set up
- Test delivery completed
- Go Live