It’s hard to believe another year is coming to a close. The trend of significant change within healthcare continued in 2015.
As with many of you, the holidays are a special time for us at H. D. Smith to pause and reflect, and to take time to give thanks to all who helped make it a success.
In September, we mourned the passing of our father and the founder of H. D. Smith, Henry Dale Smith, Sr. As we think about the values he built the company upon, we remember the reason he opened for business in 1954 – to partner with local pharmacies to ensure all patients had access to the important medicines they needed.
Dad always relished celebrating the season with customers, and he instilled the love of this time of year in us. In the spirit of the season, we want to particularly thank you for your loyalty, trust in H. D. Smith, and commitment to improving the healthcare supply chain together.
Through the years, we continue to listen to your concerns and frustrations. In 2015 we remained focused providing value to you based upon the things you share that are most important.
- Flexibility. As the first wholesaler to modify infrastructure and receive orders for controlled substances from a pharmacist’s mobile device, when using a digital certificate, we were honored as a finalist for HDMA’s Distribution Management Award for this effort and were also ranked on InformationWeek’s Elite 100 of technology innovators. Additionally, we delivered several enhancements to OrderBase Xpress, our online ordering platform.
- Reliability. We continue to invest in our operations and technology infrastructure to ensure we have the right products and services, at the right place, at a fair price. In Texas, we relocated and expanded our capabilities to serve a broader market and have the space to inventory more of the products you request. Additionally, we began the expansion of Smith Medical Partners, our specialty distribution and 3PL operations serving the nation out of Chicago.
- Accessibility. Our sales, customer service, and leadership teams remain committed and available to answer any questions or concerns you have. We continue to invest in these areas to ensure we are there when you need us. Additionally, for our retail pharmacy customers, we continue to partner with NCPA on strategic initiatives on your behalf. This year, we brought you the five-part continuing education video series to help you rethink your pharmacy practice and improve care for your patients.
- Transparency. As a leader in the industry related to the Drug Supply Chain Security Act, we were fully compliant with the new law ahead of the enforcement date, and helped our pharmacies prepare for enforcement as well.
All of us at H. D. Smith extend our sincerest appreciation for your business, and we look forward to continuing our partnership in 2016. I hope you have plans to celebrate the season and enjoy time with your families and friends.
Wishing you happy holidays and a prosperous new year,
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
H. D. Smith Holding Company
President and Chief Executive Officer
H. D. Smith
- Pricing files confirmed
- Install hardware/software
- Train pharmacy staff (ongoing)
- Receive Welcome to H. D. Smith informational packet
- Confirm delivery set up
- Test delivery completed
- Go Live