This year’s Trading Partners of the Year are:
- Brand and Specialty Pharmaceuticals: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Generic Pharmaceuticals: Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Sandoz
- Health, Beauty and Wellness: Kimberly-Clark Corporation and Unilever, USA
- Home Healthcare and Diagnostics: First Quality Products and Scott Specialties, Inc.
In addition, Hamacher Resource Group was honored with the inaugural Service Provider of the Year Award. This new award recognizes a non-inventory partner that offers and develops innovative programs and services resulting in a positive impact for both H. D. Smith and its customers.
Nominees for the awards are selected based on several criteria, including:
- Overall trade policies
- Product line profitability within the business segment
- Contribution to sales growth through product line sales and marketing plans
- Participation in annual marketing programs and events
The awards were presented in August, during the 2013 H. D. Smith Industry & Partnership Summit. The theme of this year’s summit, “Moving Forward Together,” emphasized the necessity of working together to collaborate and innovate within the ever-evolving health care industry. H. D. Smith’s commitment to improving the quality, safety and cost of patient care goes hand in hand with building strong relationships with trading partners.
“Thanks to our strong partnerships with our trading partners we are able to respond to industry concerns. Through collaboration and innovation we move forward, together, to positively impact patient care,” said H. D. Smith President and Chief Operating Officer, Chris Smith.
The meeting highlighted H. D. Smith’s desire to build lasting relationships with its partners.
“H. D. Smith is transforming and growing, and at the heart of that growth is our commitment to being a strategic partner to our trading partners for the next 60 years and beyond,” said H. D. Smith Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dale Smith.