See where you can plug in
Team Member Spotlight
Syed Mehdi, Information Technology
"As a growing organization, H. D. Smith is constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for its employees to succeed.
Every day I get to do what I enjoy, work with great co-workers and gain new knowledge. H. D. Smith is continuously changing and improving itself, and that makes for a very exciting journey."
Team Member Spotlight
Maria Valeriano , Learning & Development
"Every day at H. D. Smith, I feel valued and respected. By far this is the best company I have ever worked for, and I cannot imagine ever finding a company that values its employees as much as H. D. Smith does.
With its strong core values, family feel and employee development, there really is no better place to work."
Team Member Spotlight
Corey Anderson, Warehouse Operations
"I love the fact that we provide great service to our customers. I also enjoy working for a family-owned company that constantly gives back to its employees and the community."
Finding your place in our place.
At H. D. Smith, we strive for excellence in every element of our business. As we grow, we continually seek qualified candidates to join our team. We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining people to help achieve our passion to help our customers care for their communities.
Finance touches every part of the organization. Accountability, transparency and best practices are values to each member of our accounting team subscribes.
Our team is committed to meeting deadlines and obligations to the business.
Finance leadership helps contribute messaging throughout the organization, as it impacts the business and financial operations.
- Best Practices
With several team members attending Six Sigma black belt training through the American Society for Quality, the department has an emphasis on efficiency.
Tying the company together, these departments are the backbone of our organizational structure.
- Executive Leadership
Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and bring a full range of experience to their roles. As our mission states, honesty and integrity are key characteristics we seek in our leadership.
- Human Resources
More than half of our human resources team is certified Senior Professional in Human Resources or Professional in Human Resources.
- Category Management
Our category management team is focused on results oriented pricing and contracts that positively impact trading partners and customers.
Our sales and marketing teams work closely to develop a customer experience that sets H. D. Smith apart.
- Diverse Experience
Whether your background is in wholesale, pharmaceutical or pharmacy services, your expertise brings value to our team.
- Learn Along the Way
If your career path hasn't ventured into healthcare yet, come along for the ride. Bring your skills, we'll bring the knowledge to get you up to speed.
- Where Strategy and Creativity Meet
More than anything, we're looking for people who think outside the box and want to make a difference.
As one of the company’s largest departments, IT is a crucial facet of our business.
- Cutting Edge Technology
SAP interface, cloud computing and a myriad of other industry leading resources to bring value to our customers and the business.
- Winning Team
We placed on Information Week 500 in both 2013 and 2014.
- Forward Thinking
Committed to anticipating, rather than reacting, we believe in exceeding expectations.
We take pride in our corporate culture.
Empowering associates to deliver quality work is the key to distinction.
- Continued Development - Making time to become a stronger professional is an expectation and mandatory component of annual goal setting and reviews. Our dedicated "Learning & Development" department team facilitates regular training on professional skills, as well as industry specific events.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Educational assistance is available at qualifying institutions.
- Supporting Passion - At H. D. Smith, we support the community involvement of our associates. All associate donations made to eligible non-profit organizations greater than $50 are matched through the H. D. Smith Foundation.
We are committed to providing a safe work-place environment.
- Diversity & Equal Opportunity - Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.
- Drug & Alcohol Policy - The nature of our business provides a compelling interest to make certain that our associates are drug-free. A policy has been enacted for random testing for drug and alcohol use.
- Safety & Anti-Violence Initiatives - H. D. Smith strives to create a work environment that is pleasant, professional and free from intimidation. Our Safety Program demonstrates concern for the lives and well-being of our associates.