We negotiate advantageous contracts and provide premium business solutions, responsive service and timesaving resources, enabling pharmacies to increase profitability and remain focused on quality patient care.
Leverage our Managed Care Solutions
Improve cash flow, boost profits and level the playing field through H. D. Smith’s Third Party Network and managed care solutions. Experienced with the challenges faced by independent pharmacies today, we actively listen to our over 1,000 pharmacies and develop responsive solutions.
With a customized approach to matching our programs to each pharmacy’s unique business, we empower our members to stay highly competitive in the rapidly changing healthcare industry.
- 05.24.13Prime Audit Advisor Electronic Claims
- 05.14.13Catamaran - Change in BIN/PNC for RegenceRx
- 05.14.13AmWINS Rx Qualifier Notification
- 05.14.13PerformRx Formulary Changes to Passport Health Plan
- 05.09.13Important Message from Rx Ally about SmartD Rx
Medicare Part D Resources
- 05.10.13Important Medicare Claims Processing Info from Catamaran
- 12.31.12MedImpact Medicare Part D Processing Changes
- 12.31.12CVS Caremark Medicare Part D Patients' Rights Information
- 12.31.12CVS Caremark Medicare Part D Formulary Transition Fill Process
- 12.31.12CVS Caremark Medicare Part D LTC Providers ADS Short Cycle
Third Party Network
Our programs enable pharmacies to benefit from streamlined processes and improved profitability. We leverage an experienced team to negotiate competitive contract rates, terms and conditions and to provide reimbursement support. With a customized approach to meeting each facility's unique needs, we empower our 1,000+ members to succeed in the dynamic healthcare industry.
- Free fraud, waste and abuse training
- Proactive industry communications
- Responsive and knowledgeable Help Desk
Manage account receivables more simply. Reconciliation is available to all pharmacies and is an industry-recognized program for claims tracking.
- Electronic verification of payments to ensure correct reimbursement
- Elite chase program to track underpaid and unpaid claims
- Robust reporting tools
Electronic Funds Transfer
With Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) for over 35 PBMs, we help you reduce lost or delayed checks and receive reimbursements faster.
- Improve cash flow
- Reimbursements for Medicare Part D and a growing list of Commercial plans
- Automatic enrollment in future EFT programs
Medicare and Medicaid Processing
Submit dispensing and supply fees automatically for eligible durable medical equipment through our specialized processing and billing solution.
- Point of sale alerts when U & C pricing is below the Medicare/Medicaid allowable price point
- Achieve accuracy, profitability and decrease bad debt
Flu and Vaccination Billing
Did you know?
On average, customers that use our solution benefit from a 98% overall payment rate.
Increase pay rates with electronic vaccination claim billing. Our solution enables your pharmacy to submit Medicare Part B flu and pneumonia vaccination claims electronically using your existing pharmacy management system.
- Increase pay rates and electronic vaccination claims billing
- Simplify the claims filing process through point of sale eligibility
- Real time edits and electronic billing for NDC to HCPCS mapping and fee calculation
This new comprehensive program creates financial efficiencies for independent pharmacies.
- Aggregates daily payments and 835 files into one payment
- Includes all payers that offer 835 files
View and download your 835 files in Excel or as a PDF via a web portal.
- Beneficial for pharmacies whose systems do not support 835 files
How long is the enrollment process?
After the submission of accurate, complete enrollment paperwork and NCPDP approval, a pharmacy should expect to be on the network in two to four weeks.
What paperwork is required for a store to join H. D. Smith's Third Party Network?
Completion of all enrollment forms, including Account Application, NCPDP form, Disclaimer, Participation Agreement, Caremark form, Express Scripts Schedule 2 and Script Care Schedule D. Additionally, the following external documents are necessary: State, DEA and pharmacist in charge licenses, along with the liability insurance policy for the store. The liability limits must have a minimum of 1 million occurrences and 3 million aggregate due to contracts signed with PBMs.
How do I facilitate NCPDP approval?
Receiving NCPDP approval is a two-step process. You will receive an email from NCPDP to notify you to log in to the NCPDP portal at www.ncpdponline.org.
- On left-hand side of the portal, select "Waiting for Approvals (1)" in the Queue box.
- Click on the pharmacy DBA name. The "Approve/Reject Association Request" box will appear.
- Select the "Approve" button. This allows us to view your data and make a change to your chain code.
After we add the chain code 712, another email is generated to facilitate final approval. Follow the steps above to log in and under pending approvals select "Approve All" and "Submit."
How do I migrate away from my existing contracting network?
Contact your current contracting network to terminate your existing agreement. Termination should occur after the NCPDP approval process is completed and your chain code reflects 712.
What is the process if a store is currently affiliated with another third party network?
Some other third party networks will not permit a store to flip without a term notice. The average term is approximately 30 days. A term notice is especially important if the store is on Central Pay, because payments will still go to the previous third party if a term notice has not been sent out.
Not finding what you are looking for? Submit your own question.
Your information has been submitted. We will contact you promptly.
Thank you for your interest in the Third Party Network. Please use the form below to contact us regarding our business solutions or reach us via phone or fax:
Phone: 866.429.7747 Fax: 217.467.8238