The pharmaceutical marketplace is a rapidly changing environment, presenting daily opportunities and challenges. H. D. Smith has listened to the needs of institutions and implemented solutions to meet those needs.
Prescription pharmaceuticals account for the largest percentage of institutional pharmacy product expenses. These products are best maximized through strategic inventory management.
H. D. Smith offers a complete line of brand and generic pharmaceutical products to ensure that you can fill prescriptions efficiently while maintaining a low overhead.
Access competitively priced generic injectable products through H. D. Smith's institutional back-up contract, PharmaRxeach. When supply issues exist with your GPO's primary product, PharmaRxeach may have an alternate product available, thereby helping you care for your patient’s needs.
Your business is our priority; we offer a consistent product stream, enabling you to effectively service your patients without ordering excessive inventory.
Inventory-Related Customer Communications
- Product catalogs – online and print
- First-to-market and anticipated brand and generic launches
- Generic exclusivity expirations
- Market disruption alerts
- Manufacturer recalls and backorders
Specialty Products and Solutions
We partner with our customers to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their operations.
Keeping you on the cutting edge of market developments, H. D. Smith supplies the specialty medications needed to care for chronic and acute illnesses. Specialty pharmacy is a rapidly growing opportunity for which your local H. D. Smith distribution center and our subsidiary, Smith Medical Partners, are well equipped. We are capable of supplying complex treatment regimens to cover a full range of disease states.
Specialty solutions to help you care for your community:
- Customized delivery and shipping
- Product warehousing and logistics
- Customer screening and registry
- Cold chain distribution
Exceptional customer service extends beyond delivering accurate and timely orders. Our historical presence in plasma derivatives, biologics, oncology, vaccines and other specialty products has enabled us to develop account teams that are true experts in their market segments. We understand industry trends and work proactively with you to address new product introductions, backorders and other supply developments.
- Balancing vaccine supply and demand in a fluctuating market consumes valuable time and resources. We proudly carry a wide range of vaccines at competitive prices, allowing you to provide these vital services conveniently and cost effectively.
- Specific to the women's health market, we offer a wide range of family planning products, including competitive pricing on oral and injectable generic antibiotics and contraceptives, fertility treatments, pediatric and adult Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and HPV vaccines.
- We distribute a complete line of blood and plasma-derived products, including coagulation factors and immunoglobulins. Maintaining accurate inventory levels of these products is challenging and expensive. Leverage our next day shipping capabilities to reduce on-hand inventory expenses.
- H. D. Smith provides a comprehensive solution to your oncology needs. Regardless of facility size, H. D. Smith’s full-line of products supports oncology needs with a personalized approach and competitive pricing.
- Let us help you improve access to affordable medications through our 340B eligible product line. Products include contraceptives, vaccines, nicotine replacement therapy, diabetic products, antibiotics and injectables.
Our resource network has inventory readily available to help you fill prescriptions for the following conditions:
- Primary Care & Internal Medicine
- And more!
Smith Medical Partners
With a relentless passion for quality patient care, Smith Medical Partners provides lifesaving pharmaceuticals and industry experience. A subsidiary of H. D. Smith, focused on specialty pharmaceutical distribution and services, Smith Medical Partners is equipped to supply a full range of practices with both broad and limited specialty products.
Visit smpspecialty.com or call 800.292.9653 to learn more.
With one of the largest wholesale home healthcare sales and customer service force in the industry, our team is committed to offering resources that benefit your facility.
Home healthcare is a fast growing and high margin segment of the healthcare industry. We enable you to access our robust product inventory, including special request and hard to find items. Through an interactive website, competitive pricing and dedicated service department, we strive to simplify your ordering and operations.
Home healthcare offerings to help you care for your community:
- Robust product availability
- Dedicated service and support
- User-friendly ordering system
- Competitive pricing and business resources
This easy-to-navigate ordering website features product listings and the ability to search by vendor, item number, product category, H. D. Smith product number or HCPCS code. Pricing and inventory levels are updated in real time for increased accuracy.
Print and Online Product Catalog
Featuring over 300 pages of home medical products and supplies, our catalog places a complete selection of available products in the hands of the medical community. Available via print or online at homecareconnection.hdsmith.com, use it as a reference for your staff to access a complete line of products.
Over 23 million Americans are currently diagnosed with diabetes, making it a critical niche in the healthcare market. Partnering with H. D. Smith provides our customers access to special discounts and a comprehensive product listing.
H. D. Smith offers one of the industry’s strongest offerings of vitamin and nutritional supplies. Through partnerships with Abbott Nutrition and Nestle, we extend a full line of quality nutritional products.
Well stocked shelves, popular products and effective merchandising are key influences in a successful health and beauty department.
The consumer marketplace is a rapidly changing environment, presenting daily opportunities and challenges. Consumer products are an effective way of increasing front-end revenue, as convenience is the deciding factor of many consumer habits. H. D. Smith offers a complete line of consumer products and marketing tools at competitive prices, enabling retail pharmacies to increase store traffic and enhance pharmacy presence.
Profitability maximizing resources include:
- Retail pricing tools
- Planogram and merchandising expertise
- Store brand product line
- Special purchase opportunities
Offering competitive prices while maintaining overall profitability is a significant challenge for most retail pharmacies. To assist in finding this balance, H. D. Smith has created the Price Manager program, a professionally managed database offering item-specific retail pricing across all over the counter and health and beauty care categories. This service can be used to ensure competitive retail pricing while increasing revenue. In addition, this program offers four competitive zones based upon the level of competition in specific classes of trade.
Merchandising is a critical element of increasing sales. The Plan Manager resource features a wide variety of programs and services, including department planograms, retail zone pricing and point of purchase signage. These resources are designed to build a competitive image while optimizing opportunities with every consumer who enters a store.
Position your pharmacy as the budget friendly choice. H. D. Smith's controlled label product line, GoodSense, encompasses over 500 top-selling consumer products in over 15 categories. These products are retail priced at an average of 30% less than the national brand equivalents, meeting the needs of an increasingly cost conscious market.
Monthly and Seasonal Specials
Each month, retail pharmacies can stock up on fast moving health and beauty products at a discount from H. D. Smith’s everyday low prices. Discounts are negotiated from the manufacturers to allow retail pharmacies access to special pricing. Featured products are then included in a monthly consumer flier to showcase new items and promote front-end items.
Responding to the demands of seasonal products requires strategic thought and inventory investment. To assist in the ordering of high demand items at competitive prices, H. D. Smith distributes three annual catalogs to allow for advance discounts and special promotions:
- Sun Care & Allergy features summer products for skin care and seasonal allergies
- Cold & Flu contains symptom specific over the counter items and health accessories
- Vendor Promotions reflects major savings on fast-moving consumer products and home healthcare products
Save time and money by ordering essential pharmacy supplies from H. D. Smith. We offer an extensive range of products for centralized and convenient ordering.
H. D. Smith’s offers a complete line of supporting products and materials. Facilities can access exceptional pricing through our preferred supplier arrangement with ReXam, a premium line offered in all distribution centers. Value priced lines are also available to best respond to regional needs.
Available products include:
- Prescription containers and accessories
- Pharmacy bags
- Punch card packaging
- Prescription labels
- Tape, accessories and more!